What do these three all have in common? Not alot! Except they all made it into our day yesterday!
We are taking this week to take some small steps forward in our preparations for Africa. Part of our medical requirement with AIM was to get blood work done. So yesterday we went to the MJ hospital and had it done. Amie doesn't do well with needles so our experience in the hospital was sorta funny for me (Hopefully she doesn't read this post! LOL!) Amie was called in first and a couple minutes later I was called in. The station I had to go to was past Amie's so I had to walk right past her. As I was walking past her I tried to casually tell her "hey, I left the two older kids in the waiting room." Amie was sitting in the chair facing me but it appeared she was completely ignoring me eyes closed and breathing deep slow deliberate breaths as they took blood. She just kept breathing and didn't even acknowledge me. I tried to continue by telling her "I have Ian here in the stroller." Still deep breaths. I could tell the nurse was a bit awkward. Half wondering if I was just talking to a wall or if her patient was about to pass out! So, I just carried on to my station. Initially when I sat down in the chair the nurse I had treated me like a piece of meat with blood that she was going to rip out of me. She didn't look me in the eyes or hardly acknowledge me. I did my best to strike up a friendly conversation before she jabbed me with the needle, hoping that she would realize I was human and give me a gentler poke with the needle.
After, the bloodwork we headed into Regina and did school supply shopping for the kids. Amazing to think Elijah is going to be in Grade 1 and Grace is in Kindergarten. Where did the time go?
During our shopping for indoor shoes for the kids we found a Duke t-shirt! Which I was totally excited about! I have wanted a Duke shirt forever but could never find one. I usually pick Duke in my March Madness bracket and this year for the first time since I started picking them they won it all!
WAY TO GO Amie! Keep breathing... proud of you overcoming your physical tendencies with your mind!!! Way to keep control.
ReplyDeletexoxox mom