Please Enter Password

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Fun Weekend!




Great seats!




This week I was able to find some Sask. Roughrider tickets on Kiji from a season ticket holder. They are a hot ticket item online and I had tried a few other times but kept getting beat out by others. I happened to click refresh on the page and there were 2 tickets available and it had only been posted for 2 minutes. I got on the phone and the person was very friendly and excited to share her tickets with Elijah and I. So, Friday after Elijah was done school we headed out armed with our noise-makers and Rider shirts! We headed into Canadian Tire so I could pick up another horn as well!

We got to the game early picked up our tickets. We ended up sitting only 4 rows away from the field right around the 25 yard line!! Yes very cool! There we watched the teams warm-up while eating a massive tub of popcorn...very fun! Calgary warmed up on our side and we enjoyed the heckling comments made in the direction of Calgary. As the game got near starting we enjoyed seeing some of the 'super fans' that sit in the first row of section 9. If you watch the games on TSN you will occasionally see the guy wearing a green suit, styling hat, and sask. license plate around his neck. Also a father and son combo dressed in Scottish Kilts and Rider gear! Very impressive! Watching the fans was as fun as the game. At one point the ref must have turned his head and said something to another ref about something he didn't know. The fans in the front row picked up on it immediately and went at him for a good 5 minutes. Yelling "I don't know." What game am I reffing, "I DON'T KNOW!" everyone yelled! One of the Scottish guys led our section in yelling "I don't know" it was hilarious. Then there was the guy sitting in front of us that implored all the fans in the section to stay with the Riders after coach Ken Miller made a brutal call to punt it through the endzone for a win which didn't work. He was like come on fans...they still need us stay with the boys! Don't give up!

For those of you that don't know the game went to Overtime which was played on the half we were sitting in! Problem was Elijah fell asleep on my lap in the second half and I had to sit down and had to watch half of OT on the big screen! Oh well! I was there! And I was blowing my noise maker like crazy! It was great to see Sask beat Calgary. It got pretty intense by the end of the game! The east side fans were totally getting into the heads of some of the Stamps. At one point one of the guys was leaning over the rail and 2 Stamps couldn't resist getting into it with him. Homefield advantage...I guess.



The second exciting event of the weekend was Grace's 5th birthday party. We had 9 people over at our place for the exciting event! It was probably one of the best party's we have done yet! The kids seemed to have a ton of fun. Amie had face painting for them, a treasure hunt, and other party games. Then we ate cake and opened presents! Grace had a great time! And well we as parents survived!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like you had a great weekend. Fun with the whole family. Thanks for the pics and news. love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great time at the football game and that Grace hd a good birthday party. I know Aslynn was sad to miss it.

    ReplyDelete