Please Enter Password

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Denial

I know it may sound a bit strange but I realized I have been living in denial of the fact that we are leaving Caronport in 3 weeks. I think I have imagined this time to be a long way off obviously it is not! What is there to be in denial about? This should be an exciting time and IT IS! But it is also difficult as well. Leaving our community, family, and everything you know and love is hard. That is why I am in denial I don’t want to start saying goodbye. Caronport is home for us. Saskatchewan is a place that we love (shocking I know for some of our friends who moved here from the mountains!). Our church community has become very special to us and we will miss them. We will miss being so close to family and the joys of being together. Skipping the goodbyes would be easier and less painful. But, our tears and the tears of others are proof of investment, love, and times of joyful community. Tears speak the unspeakable. Tears are real and they shatter any denial left in me. It’s time to enjoy being with family and friends…with Kleenex box in hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment