Please Enter Password

Friday, October 7, 2011

Thankful

Be Thankful for what you have and what you do not have.

We were looking through past family photos and videos of the kids the other night. Laughing at the silly things they have done and said. Also, remembering just how exhausting some of those days were when Elijah and Grace were quite young and thinking how will we survive! Then we look back in just a couple years time and realize those were pretty sweet times even though they may have been a bit challenging at times.

It's easy to get fixated on the things I don't have in the moment. Being without family and close friends, our home church, a routine that felt comfortable, and yes even a large double double from Timmy's finished off with a sour cream glazed donut. But, I need to be reminded...daily these days...that just because that is not here does not make this an impossible place to live. I don't want to look back in just a few years time and say "wow, that was a pretty sweet time in our lives while we lived and served in Kenya why was I so focused on other things." I need to be thankful for what we don't have here as much as what we do. Both are from the hand of God.

Pray that we would have peace and thankfulness in our hearts as we serve here in Kenya.

1 comment:

  1. Sieze the moments enjoy then while they last. Soon will see you

    ReplyDelete