God gave me these words today.
Oh, give ear, Shepherd of Israel,
You who lead Joseph like a flock;
You who are enthroned above the cherubim, shine forth!
Before Ephraim, and Benjamin and Manasseh, stir up Your power
And come to save us!
O God, restore us
And cause Your face to shine upon us,
and we will be saved.
...
O God of hosts, turn again now, we beseech You;
Look down from heaven and see, and take care of this vine,
Even the shoot which Your right hand has planted,
And on the son whom You have strengthened for Yourself
It is burned with fire, it is cut down;
They perish at the rebuke of Your coutenance.
Let Your hand be upon the man of Your right hand
Upon the son of man whom You made strong for Yourself.
Then we shall not turn back from You;
Revive us and we will call upon Your name.
O Lord God of hosts, restore us;
Cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved.
I have been feeling the weight of the sins of the church. Africa is not alone in the self-centeredness, and forgetfulness of the the goodness of God. Jon and I are not excused from such sins. Sometimes when I see the church in its' sin and inwardness I feel confused and hopeless. When I see the poor stepped on, I feel angry. When I see laziness and pleasure in the world rather than God I feel like giving up. The struggle is never ending...even in me.
I felt like God gave this passage to me as a cry for His glory to return to the heart of the church. Who can save us from our own sins? "O God, restore us and cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved." We need to be made "strong for Yourself(Him)".
Is there hope for the church here in Kenya and for me? YES!
"Revive us and we will call upon Your name."
No comments:
Post a Comment