Please Enter Password

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Interesting Article on the Prosperity Gospel in Africa

Just read an interesting article from Christianity Today on the Prosperity Gospel in Africa. Check it out here http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/12.22.html

It seems the African culture creates a perfect niche for the health and wealth gospel. Well, to be realistic our culture does just as good of a job at it. So, the problem lies deeper in the human heart. One cannot deny that Africa does need physical help with issues such as disease, housing, unemployment, HIV, malaria, ect. The physical needs are great but so are the spiritual and theological ones. I feel humbled to be called into a teaching ministry in Africa. I don't want to neglect the physical realities those God puts in front of us but in the same breath I also do not want to neglect the spiritual reality either.

Lord give me wisdom to navigate these issues with the truth of your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment