Please Enter Password

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scattered

Jon is gone to a camp down near Estavan this week. He left on Saturday and will be home on Friday. He's the speaker. He's enjoying getting to know the kids and staff. I think he is a little lonely though. I (Amie) am working this week so I couldn't go with him. The kids (all three) are at Jack and Cheri's this week. I took them on Saturday. Cheri said Ian had slept well last night, so we'll pray he continues to sleep for them.
I'm here all by my lonesome. Its not all that bad. I went to church today and sat with a friend from work. It was nice to listen without interruption. There were three baby dedications. Beautiful families and beautiful children. I had a toasted tomato sandwich with homemade bread. My very favorite thing in the whole world. It was kinda nice just to make whatever I wanted and eat it immediately. Didn't have to make anyone else food or think about likes and dislikes of my family. That was a small pleasure. Tomorrow I hope to make my Saskatoon Berry jam. I'll post pictures of the process on my blog.
Blessings

2 comments:

  1. meant to write you last week- but ya know life....yoru family is beautiful and thank you for reading about our adventures. WHen do you leave for Kenya- awesome adventure awaits your family and He will care for you all every step of teh way- you are Karibu sana (very welcome) to visit us anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amie, I was just thinking about you when you were (was it 13) making a commitment to serve God as a missionary. And how you wanted to go to Africa. You chose the right school (Briercrest), you met & married the right man (not everyone would be called to go to Africa), you made the right choices step by step and now...it didn't look like the path that led to Africa but God knew that it was. What a wonderful God we have to lead us step by step to where we could never see we would end up!!!

    ReplyDelete