God really showed up at the camp the past week. It was so cool to see the teens respond to the challenge "Don't Waste Your Life." God did some serious work in many hearts and I pray that it bears fruit that lasts. I think part of the reason God worked so powerfully is because the camp staff makes such a strong effort to center their efforts around Christ starting right in the morning with their morning devotional and prayer. Where most camps I have seen spend the majority of their time in the morning on announcements and logistics this camp spent most their morning on studying the Word and prayer.
Here is a pic of the "Double Bonzai" we drove on the big camp bus an hour and half to some SuperSlides and had a blast. I totally hurt myself on the Double Bonzai landing awkwardly on my back...we started trying to ramp on the second bump and see how far and high we could go! I guess this old guy shouldn't try to show the young guys how to do it anymore!
They also had some awesome slides just for tubes! One of them had a 6 foot straight down drop. It took me a few runs till I figured out how to land the drop without bruising my rear end!

Here is a pic at the beach where I was hanging out with a couple of the campers.
No comments:
Post a Comment