Please Enter Password

Friday, June 10, 2011

More packing pics



It's slowly coming. We still have much to do. We move next week so we will have to make final decisions next week on what to bring. In the end I keep reminding myself we can purchase much of what we will need in Kenya. The thing is learning where to go and how to buy things...so much to learn. From my reading in many cases missionaries go in with high expectations of doing lots of things when they hit the ground. Then they are shocked by the realities of living life in another culture. How do I get clean water, where to pay bills, how to cook, how do I handle the heat...these things dominate and one can become frustrated. I know we have expectations even if we are trying to keep them low. I expect the first year will be a process of God working in our lives transforming us to use us for His glory. I suspect the work of the first year will be going with an open posture ready to receive from the Lord and the Kenyans.

No comments:

Post a Comment