Our trip here was anything but boring. Pretty much could have made a movie out of this one! Ian unfortunately had a nap right before we had to leave. First and probably the worst mistake! Elijah and Grace quickly fell asleep on the trip.
After awhile of driving Ian actually started to fall asleep too! This was the best moment of the trip and I do mean moment! As soon as Ian dozed off Elijah wakes up in a start I need to pee! Great...pull over he pees on the road and then Grace decides she needs to go too. She does her business. Of course after all the commotion Ian wakes up never to sleep again till bed time! From that time on Ian is either laughing hysterically or screaming in high ear melting tones that would send all the dogs running in the neighborhood except those sounds are trapped in a Hyundi Santa Fe. So as the screaming ensues we had a pit stop. Elijah and Grace each had a drink. As we make it onto the 401 Elijah has another instantaneous I need to pee moments. Except this time we are on the 401 you where you just can't pull onto the next approach as in Sask and take care of any pressing needs. So, on we drive praying for a rest stop or somewhere to just get off the highway. Nothing came. Nothing was coming. Ian is screaming still. Elijah is crying in pain. Grace is saying something about the DSi. Amie and I are losing our minds! (I am laughing now...only a little though!) It finally came to the point where it was do or die. So Amie found a Gatorade bottle for Elijah and well you can fill in the details from there. One less person yelling!
Ian continued in his ear deafening screams. Until we just couldn't take it anymore. So we did a switch. Amie jumped into the backseat somehow doing what can only be described as some kind of parental acrobatics. Elijah then popped up into the front seat for the rest of the journey. This worked to calm Ian for oh...5 minutes. Too bad we still had 20 to go. Anyway we made it. We are here now!
I took Elijah and Grace swimming tonight in the pool. That was lots of fun. Pappa and Nanna joined in too. Which was great.
Everyone is in bed now sleeping away! Praise the Lord. Silence. I have come to realize one thing though it is difficult to appreciate the silence if it was not for the noise. So, as difficult as it may have been today. I am thankful for the noise, the mess and, the intensity of each moment. I am thankful to God all are sleeping and resting preparing for an adventure of a lifetime tomorrow.
Below are a few more pics of our time in Ontario.
No comments:
Post a Comment