Please Enter Password

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ministry Assignment

Our group of ABO'ers were split up today and we all went out to 5 different churches. We ended up going to a small little church plant on top of a grocery store. By on top I mean go up six flights of stairs and come out on the top of the building in the bright sun. It was hot up there! Moses is the pastor and he is a fourth year student here at Scott. He has a real missionary zeal to reach the unreach people groups and showed me pictures on his laptop of going north to the border of Kenya and praying over an unreached land. Pray for Moses and that God would use him to be a missionary here in Africa. His church is also very interesting as it is on the roof of a supermarket he has trouble getting people to come. One because of the stairs two because some are frightened that there is witchcraft at work at the supermarket. He said people believe you cannot have a big business unless you use magic. He has many challenges but God will use his desire to reach the nations.

I am feeling tired today. I think being in a new culture can become exhausting. Everything is new and you are thinking about stuff you don't need to think about in Canada. It is easy to become irritable quicker. I hope I can have culture shock earlier than later because it will make our adjustment easier in Mombasa.

On a completely other note. I am sitting under a tree on a concrete slab right now and Ian is running around with 5 Kenyan children around me. I love how they say his name. "Eon!" The love to say his name and use it often!

2 comments:

  1. We will pray for Moses and his vision for his people right now. We have a friend in Burkina Faso named Moses and he was passionate for the gospel too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers is definately a need for the pastors and Church leaders in Kenya. Praise the Lord for Moses being able to get the training. we will continue to pray for you and soon we will begin our count down till we come to Kenya

    ReplyDelete