I have been struggling along trying to teach the kids math. We use a curriculum called Singapore Math. Its very good. I have the teacher's guide which is very helpful. But having never even conceived of the idea that I would have to teach math to a child one day, I now have no idea what I am doing. Over the last six months I have started to see how one goes about teaching someone math, and I have been encouraged by the kids progress. But I was still struggling to get them to know their facts well. I came across this really great sight called Xtramath. We LOVE it. Here are its virtues.
1. Its FREE!!!!
2. Its simple
3. Its clean (no clutter or advertising on the screen)
4. It has a clear purpose - to teach your child math facts.
5. It gets my kids excited about math facts! WOW!
Everyday the kids excitedly sit down to practice their math facts online I thank God for bring this sight along to me! I'm not exaggerating.
Actually, I wanted to write this post the day I found it but I thought I should wait and see if it actually worked and the kids liked it. I'm happy to say we are well into it and the raving continues. So go try it with your kids. Schools can use it too.
P.S. I was not payed to say any of this :)
Wow thats exciting. Praise the Lord for the many ways He brings us blessings.
ReplyDelete