Please Enter Password

Monday, August 29, 2011

Married...again


Got your attention! We have been in Mombasa for over a week now. We walked into a empty 3 bedroom apartment with only the clothes on our backs and our pieces of luggage we have hauled half way around the world. One last time I carried up the heavy bags and action packers to their final destination on the third floor of our complex. How many times have I lugged these things now? I don't want to count! Amie was counting the amount of beds we have slept in since June and the number came to nine. So we are home but not yet because our house is still a ways from being set up. It is like getting married again. We have nothing and we are starting from scratch. So, different though when you don't know the stores, when you don't have your own vehicle to drive to go get things, and when you are lugging three children along to make big purchases. We have enough to live on though and we should be happy with that because it is far more than many have here. We realized this again when we walked into the gate of our compound and there was a man digging through the trash from our compound on the side of the road. Needs are everywhere. When we walk through the streets it is inevitable that we will be asked for money. It is very weird being a minority being the one that everyone is staring at. Especially, if I am being honest I am usually the one doing the 'staring' in Canada. Now I am starting to realize what it must feel like for so many who move to Canada especially Western Canada from other parts of the world. Becoming a belonger in community is not easy when you are different than most everyone else. Pray that we could become belongers here. Language and culture are huge barriers but our God is the creator of all peoples and cultures. He will help.


2 comments:

  1. It was so weird the other day I thought it was your anniversary. I told Dad and he corrected me ... It's in April! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so beautiful! It was a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete