Please Enter Password

Friday, November 4, 2011

Health

Many of you were praying for a quick recovery as I (Jon) was hit by some kind of sickness over the weekend. Thank-you so much for praying. I hit a low Saturday and we decided I needed to go to the hospital as my fever kept rising despite taking healthy doses of Advil and Tylenol. I was very weak upon arrival at the hospital. The doctor had my blood tested and the results showed some kind of bacterial infection. But, he also thought it was very probable that I had malaria as well because my symptoms were all in that direction muscle pain, nausea, and high fever. They gave me some kind of injection in a place I would rather not mention J and the weakness of my stomach at that moment caused me to vomit all over in the hospital after the shot! Nice! Anyway, after all that fun stuff I started feeling a bit better. The doctor then prescribed some medications to deal with malaria and with the infection. Today, I am feeling much better. I felt so blessed to be held up in prayer by so many. I have been reading a biography on Dietrich Bonheoffer something he said struck me through all this time “Where a people prays, there is the church; and where the church is; there is never loneliness.” Although, we are so far away from you all we really did feel cared for and together with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment